Have an innovative idea that will help your students soar?
Innovative Grant Priorities
HEF funds projects that:
- Are innovative and creative
- Have specific measurable outcomes
- Will target needs of challenged students
- Include unique ways of using technology and 21st century learning
- Focus on increasing achievement and self-efficacy of all students
For 2022-23 priority is given to projects designed to:
- Increase student achievement especially in science and mathematics
- Address school challenges including attendance and student engagement
Schools wishing to apply must send a representative to one of the Grant Consult Workshops:
Tuesday, Aug. 30, 5 pm – Tuckahoe Public Library
Wednesday, Aug. 31, 5 pm – Fairfield Public Library
Applications will not be accepted from schools who have not attended one of these sessions.
After attending the workshop, please fill out the Intent to Apply form. After that you will receive a follow up email with a link to the grant portal.
Applicants must be full-time HCPS staff members. We do not accept applications from organizations outside of HCPS.
Applications should reflect school and district instructional goals.
Is my idea grant-worthy?
Some questions to consider:
- What specific problem(s) will my grant project address?
- What data do I have (or can obtain) that shows this is a problem?
- What makes my project innovative?
- How many students will be impacted?
- As a result of the project, what outcomes do I hope to achieve?
- What will be included in the project budget?
2021-22 Awarded Innovative Grants
To learn more about these innovative grants and see photos, click on the links:
- Future Learning Spaces - HCPS Teaching, Learning & Innovation
- Outside Inclusive Garden - Gayton Elementary
- Leading, Loving and Learning Through Literacy - Pinchbeck Elementary
- Social Emotional Wellness Vending Machines - Colonial Trail Elementary
- Gators Snack on Books - Greenwood Elementary
- Cultivating Leaders, Life Readiness and Love in our Community Garden - Pinchbeck Elementary
- Multisensory Mode Pilot - Mehfoud Elementary
- Cornerstone Farm: A Context for Authentic Learning - Fairfield Middle
- Sustainable Greenspace for Environmental Study - Short Pump Middle
- Journalism Journey - Elko Middle
- Equitable Communication & Inclusion for the Quioccasin Hispanic Community - Quioccasin Middle
- Soccer Learning Academy - J.R. Tucker High
Effective grants include a great idea, money to support it, a step-by-step implementation process and final outcomes—a proven formula for success!