Virginia Early Learning Partners
Virginia Early Learning Partners (VAELP) is an initiative of the Henrico Education Foundation that focuses on programs that build kindergarten readiness and increases access to eligible 3- and 4-year-olds to quality preschool programs.
Virginia Early Learning Partners:
- supports public programs in Henrico County that parents can access for their 4-year-olds. VAELP helps guide parents through the process of enrollment if this is the best choice for your family. Through a partnership with HCPS, families that do not secure a space in a public program will be referred to VAELP.
- works with private childcare centers throughout the county to rate and improve the quality of their program so that they can offer tuition assistance to qualified families.
- is building a network of early learning programs designed for the out of school time hours, providing extended educational opportunities for young children during non-school hours and days, that support a family’s work needs.
- provides caregivers and teachers in preschool programs in Virginia, continued education hours through a self-paced training platform.
- offers a variety of support services to early learning sites that want to increase the quality of their programs, the financial stability of their business or ensure their compliance with state regulations.