Your Help is Still Needed
Thanks to your generosity we have exceeded our matching goal of $15,000 for the COVID-19 response fund! Thanks to the Robins Foundation who matched that $15,000, we now have $30,000 more to support HCPS students and their families during this challenging time.
While we have reached our matching goal, your donations are still needed to help support vulnerable Henrico families. The Henrico Education Foundation will use donated funds to buy some of the most-needed items in bulk from an HCPS wholesale vendor. In most cases, items can be delivered the next day. By buying in this way, the foundation not only hopes to help Henrico families get what they need but also to avoid emptying the shelves of local retail stores on which our community depends.
Although new contributions to the fund will not be matched dollar for dollar, your donations are still needed to help support vulnerable Henrico families. To make a donation, click the button below.
- March 31, 2020 - Grading: New information for HCPS students and families
- March 24, 2020 - Schools are closed for 2019-20, but HCPS’ ‘Questions’ page will provide latest updates
- March 23, 2020 - Schools ordered to close for remainder of 2019-20 school year
- March 18, 2020 - Henrico County Public Schools and offices will be extended for an additional two weeks (through Spring Break)
- March 18, 2020 - Henrico County Public Schools will add 8 more sites for ‘grab and go’ meal distribution.
- March 17, 2020 - Mobile hubs at four HCPS high schools will distribute Wi-Fi hot-spot devices, repair division-issued laptops.
- March 15, 2020 - The HCPS Department of Family and Community Engagement, along with the Department of Equity, Diversity and Opportunities, are joining forces to accept donations for Henrico families in need. Donations will serve students and families as supplemental food and supplies on weekends during the HCPS closure period for coronavirus. The donations are designed to complement the distribution sites for student “grab and go” meals on weekdays. Read the full news release
- March 15, 2020 - Many Henrico County students depend on school meals as a crucial part of daily nutrition. Henrico County Public Schools will set up six student-meal sites for free "grab and go" breakfasts and lunches, beginning Tuesday, March 17 from 11 a.m.-noon.
Henrico Education Foundation’s 21st Annual Golf Tournament
Wednesday, October 30, 2019, Hunting Hawk Golf Club
Your generous donation makes that possible for our children in Henrico County Public Schools. Know that your support is greatly needed and deeply appreciated. It’s not too late to give! You can even donate in memory or honor of a special someone. Please consider giving the gift of education this holiday season with …