Thank you to all of the generous donors who have given to HEF’s COVID-19 Response Fund. HEF has raised $640,905 since March, 2020 to ensure vulnerable families have the support they need, including meals and access to materials for remote internet-based learning.
While the impact of the COVID-19 crisis will be felt for months and maybe years to come, we are beginning to refocus on the programs and initiatives that help strengthen and support our community schools for the upcoming school year.
In light of the budget adjustments facing Henrico County Public Schools, every donation is essential for the long-term success of our schools and communities.
We’re all in this together and we’re thankful to have you as a partner. Please help us prepare for the upcoming school year by making a donation to the Building Strong Schools Fund. Your contribution will go directly to the area of greatest need to support students and teachers. To make your gift, click the button below.
COVID-19 Updates from Henrico County Public Schools:
- May 28, 2020 - Summer: All students will have learning ‘pathways’; Fall: 5 possibilities under consideration for return
- May 18, 2020 - 2020-21 registration: Online portal opens for kindergartners, other new HCPS students
- May 11, 2020 - Graduation Celebration 2020
- May 8, 2020 - Henrico Schools adds site for ‘grab and go’ meals distribution at Lakeside Elementary School
- April 29, 2020 - Henrico Schools distributes Chromebooks to elementary families in need of home computers
- April 22, 2020 - 2020-21 early learning preschool application is available now
- April 17, 2020 - With teachers, or independently, ‘Henrico Edflix’ offers distance learning in a fun, flexible format
- April 3, 2020 - LifeReady On-Demand Learning Plan
- March 31, 2020 - Grading: New information for HCPS students and families
- March 24, 2020 - Schools are closed for 2019-20, but HCPS’ ‘Questions’ page will provide latest updates
- March 23, 2020 - Schools ordered to close for remainder of 2019-20 school year
- March 18, 2020 - Henrico County Public Schools and offices will be extended for an additional two weeks (through Spring Break)
- March 18, 2020 - Henrico County Public Schools will add 8 more sites for ‘grab and go’ meal distribution.
- March 17, 2020 - Mobile hubs at four HCPS high schools will distribute Wi-Fi hot-spot devices, repair division-issued laptops.
- March 15, 2020 - The HCPS Department of Family and Community Engagement, along with the Department of Equity, Diversity and Opportunities, are joining forces to accept donations for Henrico families in need. Donations will serve students and families as supplemental food and supplies on weekends during the HCPS closure period for coronavirus. The donations are designed to complement the distribution sites for student “grab and go” meals on weekdays. Read the full news release
- March 15, 2020 - Many Henrico County students depend on school meals as a crucial part of daily nutrition. Henrico County Public Schools will set up six student-meal sites for free "grab and go" breakfasts and lunches, beginning Tuesday, March 17 from 11 a.m.-noon.