The Glen Lea Extended Day Program is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday until 5 pm.
The extended day program serves students in kindergarten through fifth grade that attend Glen Lea Elementary. The program operates weekly on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday after school until 5pm. In the afterschool program, students will receive academic and homework support, snack and dinner, free transportation, and enrichment opportunities such as STEM Fitness, robotics, art, drumline, and much more!
- CLC began in 2015 offering a third grade extended day program three days a week
- Awarded a three-year 21st CCLC grant in 2017 that expanded the program to four days a week for third through fifth graders
- Impacts over 100 students each year
- At the completion of Year 2 of the 21st CCLC grant, students made the following achievements:
- 92% decrease in behavior referrals for fifth-grade students
- 82% decrease in behavior referrals for fourth-grade students
- 33% decrease in school absences among fourth and fifth graders
- 74% increase in Math and Reading MAP scores
- Improvement in class grades and SOL scores
- 44% of families attended two or more CLC family events
- Awarded another three-year 21st CCLC grant in 2020 which expanded our program to include 1st graders and kindergarteners
- Partnership with SCAN (Stop Child Abuse Now) in 2019 to embed a SCAN mental health specialist at the school, providing trauma-informed support for students and faculty during the school day
- Through a partnership with Henrico County Social Services, Glen Lea has been providing motherhood and fatherhood groups since 2017, supporting some 50 parents in Henrico County